Have you given up beef in pursuit of a healthier lifestyle? What if we told you it’s not necessary? When you eat Wagyu beef, you’re not only enjoying delicious flavor, but also reaping the benefits of a healthier type of beef. At least, that’s the claim from Wagyu enthusiasts! Is Wagyu beef really that much better for you than regular beef? And is it worth the admittedly high Wagyu beef price?
In short, yes to all of it. American Wagyu Beef is expensive, but that’s because it’s amazing. The rich, buttery flavor, juicy tenderness, and melt-in-your-mouth texture makes it a favorite of chefs globally, and the fact that Wagyu cow ranchers have cultivated the breed in America makes it accessible to home cooks as well. The best thing about Wagyu Beef, though, is that it offers several health benefits along with all that flavor.
- Wagyu beef has the right kind of fat. This meat is highly marbled, and this intramuscular fat means it’s got a higher percentage of monounsaturated fat. Does it surprise you to learn that just like an olive, Wagyu beef contains healthy fat? It’s also got oleic acid, and Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, which help protect against arthritis, heart disease, Alzheimer’s, depression, and high blood pressure.
- Eating Wagyu can help lower your cholesterol. Regular red meat can raise your cholesterol because it’s high in saturated fats. Monounsaturated fat, like the fat found in Wagyu beef, has been linked by the American Heart Association with lower cholesterol, weight loss, and prevention of coronary heart disease.
- Wagyu is packed with protein and iron. Wagyu beef contains about 22 grams of protein per serving and is full of iron. These are both important nutrients; iron is responsible for the production of hemoglobin, which carries oxygen through your bloodstream, and protein gives you strength and energy.
- When compared to regular beef, Wagyu is low-calorie and low-sodium. Sodium is a necessary part of a healthy diet, but too much salt is bad for you. Wagyu beef has enough sodium to provide delicious flavor, but far less than other red meat. What’s more, because it’s lower in calories than other meats, it’s easy to incorporate it into a healthy diet.
- When cows are raised to be happy and healthy, you reap the benefits. Wagyu cattle ranchers are committed to raising their cows in a calm, low-stress environment. Why? Because happy cows produce higher-quality beef! What’s more, at Triple T Ranch, our Wagyu cattle are raised without hormones or antibiotics.
For quality American Wagyu Beef, you can trust Triple T Ranch. Located in south Alabama, our small, family-owned-and-operated ranch is a place where practicing proven husbandry techniques ensures the health and prosperity of the herd. Our cattle are all well cared-for and registered through the American Wagyu association. We’re committed to raising quality cattle and dedicated to others who also want to experience this amazing breed. Contact us or call (251)333-2800 for more information.