A lot has been written about Wagyu beef. If you’ve never tried it, you’re in for a real treat. To prepare a steak dinner like you’ve never had outside a high end restaurant, try our recipe for Wagyu beef with white truffle butter. Once you’ve tried it, you’ll be hooked!
Even if you know how to cook a steak properly, the caramelized onions and white truffle butter in this recipe elevate the dish to a whole new level. It’s a great meal for date night or for a special dinner party.
The key to this recipe is the Wagyu beef. Because the fat is marbleized throughout the muscle, it creates a silky texture and a buttery flavor that can’t be beat. For best results be sure to use genuine Wagyu beef.
- 2 Wagyu ribeye steaks, approximately 10 oz. each
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the onions:
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
For the truffle sauce:
- ½ cup of butter at room temperature
- 1 small leek, minced
- 1 tsp of white truffle oil
- Place a saucepan over medium high heat
- Add the onions and cook for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. They will become dark and soft as they become caramelized.
- Combine the butter, leek, and truffle oil in a bowl and blend together. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes to set up.
- Place an oven safe skillet over medium high heat, add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel, then season with salt and pepper on both sides. Add the steaks to the heated skillet, cooking for about 60 seconds per side to sear.
- Remove the skillet from the stovetop, cover with aluminum foil, and allow the steaks to rest for about 5 minutes
- To serve, slice the steaks and transfer to plates. Top with caramelized onions and a generous slice of the truffle butter.
- Use the leftover juices in the pan to top the steaks. Delicious!
Serve these steaks with sides such as mashed or baked potatoes or roasted vegetables and pair with a full bodied cabernet for a delicious and elegant meal!
Where to Find Wagyu Steaks
Triple T Ranch is a small family owned Wagyu beef producer located in southern Alabama. All of our cattle are registered through the American Wagyu Association, ensuring their authenticity and quality. We raise our cattle without added hormones, antibiotics, or animal by products so as to provide our customers with the juiciest, most tender cuts of meat. Our cattle are well cared for, and we use only proven husbandry practices to ensure the health and prosperity of our herd. If you’d like more information about our Wagyu beef, contact us through our website or give us a call at 251-333-2800.