What’s better on a brisk fall or winter evening than a hot cup of soup? Further, what’s more filling and delicious than a helping of cheesy, beefy lasagna? Wouldn’t it be amazing to combine the two? That’s just what this recipe does, but then it takes it far beyond the ordinary by adding Wagyu beef to the mix. What’s more, you only need one pot to make it, and it only takes about 30 minutes to prepare. Check it out!
- 1 pound of ground Wagyu beef
- ½ yellow onion, diced fine
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ garlic pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 15-ounce can of tomato sauce
- 15-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken into small pieces
- 1 zucchini cut into thick half-moon slices, or any other vegetables you prefer, like mushrooms, bell peppers, kale, spinach, or broccoli
- 4 teaspoons of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Over a medium flame, heat a soup pot for 1 to 2 minutes. Cook the Wagyu for 3 to 5 minutes, then add the onion and cook for another 3 minutes. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano, and cook the beef until it’s completely browned, then drain excess grease.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, and chicken broth, stir well, and increase the heat to bring the mixture to a boil. Add the noodles and stir, then cook for 7 minutes, until pasta is softened. Reduce the heat to a gentle boil and add the zucchini, then cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, until the pasta is fully cooked, and the zucchini is tender. If the soup tastes sharp and acidic, add sugar to taste, one teaspoon at a time.
- Stir in heavy cream and cheese, then simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s fully incorporated.
- Enjoy immediately or allow it to cook for 15 to 20 minutes before transferring it into storage containers and storing it in the refrigerator or freezer.
If you need more recipes or you’ve got questions about American Wagyu Beef, the customer care team at Triple T Ranch would love to help! Located in south Alabama, our small, family-owned-and-operated ranch is a place where practicing proven husbandry techniques ensures the health and prosperity of the herd. Our cattle are healthy, happy, well cared-for, and registered through the American Wagyu Association. Browse our website to shop Wagyu beef and order online, or contact us for more information, or call (251)333-2800 to talk to our friendly, helpful customer care team.