Wagyu Beef Burgers With Caramelized Onions
Authentic American Wagyu Beef Burgers With Caramelized Onions
The most successful barbecues feature crowd-pleasing burgers, savory side dishes, and ooey-gooey decadent desserts. However, you’re doing your friends and family a disservice if you’ve never grilled with authentic American Wagyu beef. Not to worry. Triple T Ranch is a premier ranch in South Alabama committed to raising American Wagyu cattle using proven animal husbandry practices. You won’t find better American Wagyu ground beef cuts than in our shop, and we ship across the United States. Our premium meats are free of added hormones, antibiotics, and animal by-products affecting their quality. Below, please find a recipe for succulent American Wagyu beef burgers with caramelized onions.
Score a Hit at Your Next Backyard BBQ With This Fan Favorite
There’s no mistaking the elevated flavor profile of authentic American Wagyu ground beef. When you pair this delicacy with caramelized onions, aged white cheddar cheese, toasted brioche buns, and fancy roasted garlic aioli, you’ve got a burger fit for a king. Score points at your next backyard barbecue by taking a swing with these juicy, tender ground beef patties with a melt-in-your-mouth buttery bite. No one can resist the aroma of an American Wagyu burger hot off the grill or fresh from the skillet!
1 pound of American Wagyu ground beef
Sliced aged white cheddar cheese
Salt and fresh-ground black pepper
1 large sweet onion
4½ tablespoons of butter
½ tablespoon of cooking oil
2 tablespoons of red wine or red wine vinegar
4 garlic cloves
1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- Cut your sweet onion in half and then into smaller strips. Add butter and cooking oil to a sauté pan and set the heat to medium-low. Add onions and salt (to taste). Cook for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want the onions to become brown and sticky. Once they’ve been caramelized, deglaze your pan with red wine or red wine vinegar, stirring the liquid in with the onions. Remove the onions from the pan and set them aside somewhere where you can keep them warm.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees. Roast your garlic cloves in the oven for about 30 minutes or until they feel soft to the touch. Smash your cloves into a fine paste, mincing them with a knife to ensure they’re fully separated. Mix your cloves with mayonnaise to form a creamy roasted garlic aioli. Set aside to focus on the burgers.
- Coat your brioche buns with butter on their tops and bottoms and lightly toast them butter side down in a 12” skillet on medium heat. Toast until they get crispy.
- Divide your American Wagyu ground beef into equal round patties. Be sure to press an indentation in their centers to prevent them from puffing up while cooking. Season each patty with salt and fresh-ground pepper.
- Coat your skillet with butter heated on medium-high. Once melted, add your burgers. Try not to squish the meat or move the patties around too much, as this will prevent them from searing.
- Flip each patty after less than two minutes of cooking and add the sliced aged white cheddar cheese. You don’t want to overcook authentic American Wagyu beef, or it will lose its rich flavor. For the best results, cook your burgers until they’re rare or medium-rare.
- Place the burgers on the toasted brioche buns slathered with your creamy roasted garlic aioli and caramelized onions. Bon appétit!
Cook Gourmet Burgers & More From the Comfort of Your Home
Once you’ve tried one of these heavenly burgers with caramelized onions, your taste buds will sing the praises of authentic American Wagyu beef. You don’t have to visit a restaurant to enjoy a gourmet burger. Cook these and other delights from the comfort of home when you order premium cuts of American Wagyu beef from Triple T Ranch. Check out our other mouthwatering American Wagyu beef online recipes and blogs for additional tips on serving this delicacy. Contact us today for more details!